Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Year...New Art?

Every January I am optimistic that I will have a great year creativity-wise. I have the best intentions to create art.  For the past couple of years, I'm not even sure I held the intention for more than a few days. As a result, I became quite frozen from. I have not been making art, instead I have been doing other things. Some of them are important...like rebuilding a house and making it a home, but others have been not so important and maybe even detrimental to my well being. This year, I need it to be different. I need art in my life so that everything else makes sense.

To this end, I've again joined some weekly and/or monthly art journaling activities. I will no longer numb myself in front of the TV, but will be in the studio making a mess and hopefully, by repetition and determination, making art again.

No comments: